Home > Environmental Policy
Orchard Toys is committed to reducing the impact of its activities on the environment and assisting its customers and suppliers by encouraging them to use sustainable resources.
To this end, the company has implemented an environmental management system to continuously improve its environmental performance.
In order to meet this commitment, Orchard Toys will pursue the following objectives:
- ensure compliance with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice;
- reduce emissions and prevent pollution;
- improve waste management practices through re-use and recycling;
- reduce consumption of natural resources;
- minimise noise and other nuisances;
- assist in the management of ecology through the purchase and use of environmentally responsible products;
- provide environmental training for staff to promote the Company Policy and raise environmental awareness;
- assist in the investigation of environmental incidents in which it is involved on operational sites used in production processes;
- continuously assess its environmental performance and make its environmental information available to interested parties. Communicate the companys environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public.
The necessary personnel and financial resources will be allocated to assist Orchard Toys in meeting its environmental objectives and targets, that will be reviewed as appropriate. In addition, the company will continue to raise the levels of environmental awareness throughout its workforce and to promote this awareness to its customers and suppliers.
Orchard Toys is committed to operating its Environmental Management System in a manner that attains and sustains compliance to the international Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001 certification with which the company was accredited in 2009.